Sunday 5 August 2012

MMMM chocolate cake...

My fingers are sticky























The keyboard is sticky. The table is sticky. The knife is covered in smears of chocolate fudge. I can feel the sugar sticking to my teeth. Yum.

I made chocolate cake. It is nearly 8 inches tall. I have never managed to make a cake that tall, free from or otherwise! I am well chuffed. It was gooooood.

The recipe is another one from Allergy Free Deserts (German Chocolate Cake). I will try to post the recipe tomorrow. I would make one big change next time - the only chocolate flavour comes from 14oz melted chocolate, which to my taste buds is not enough. There is still a strong chemically flavour, which I think comes from the Trex that I used instead of the Hard Palm Oil. It makes a great substitute though, and is easily purchased in the supermarket.

Next time, I would sub 1/4 cup of the flour for 1/4 cup of cocoa, and see how it turns out. It looks impressive though, even if the taste is nearly there...


When she says to let it cool before icing, she really does mean completely.... not just cool to touch on the outside. My icing is now a pool of gudge. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment